I know how to write properly and with etiquette. I have been writing and reading for more years than I would like to admit, and I have a degree in English. You could say that I like and understand words. However, there are times where I feel like my thoughts and opinions are so random that it would be silly to attempt to compose a structured essay or piece of writing. An essay or even a paper must contain a few key things: an introduction, a main idea, supports, and a conclusion. Somedays, I feel like using this basic model for blog posts. Other days, I feel like having word vomit all over your screens (that’s a nice graphic image for you!). Today is one of those days, because today was a very random day.
So here are my random thoughts and pieces of information for today:
– driving on the autobahn is ridiculously fun. I cannot even remember why I was so terrified of it. Where else in the world would 120 km/hr or 75 mph feel slow? On most parts, there is no speed limit. Seriously! This leads to my next point…
– I feel like GPS systems are a goal. There is a clear route, but the time listed to complete that route is an estimate. Whenever I see the time listed to reach my destination, I see it less as an accurate measure of time and more as a challenge. One hour to Bayreuth? Challenge accepted. Today, I drove from Bayreuth to Fürth in less than an hour. Rachel for the win! Contrary to what my children will say, I am not a crazy driver. I never drive more than 15 km/hr or 10 mph over the speed limit. This is mostly because I am aware of how bad the ticket will be over these excesses. But beating the GPS time frame allotted for a trip feels like a great success, right?
– my children are awesome right now. I do not know if we have hit the right ages or if I have adapted to motherhood after 10+ years, but life seems easier <knock on wood>. Anya is becoming so independent and self-reliant, even when I want to help her instead. I had the best day with Lorelei and Addie around Bavaria, and I noticed how well-behaved they are. They listen when I tell them to stay with me. They do not argue when I say no to something in a store and are grateful when I buy them a treat like ice cream. All three girls tell the best stories, ask my advice, and genuinely wish to spend time with me. I do not want to jinx it, but my girls are fantastic right now!
– Game of Thrones is amazing. I am rewatching all the seasons before the 4th season airs, and it reminds me how fantastic it is. The books are even better – trust me.
– I hate when directors and producers adapt a book series to TV or movies and screw it up. Even though I applaud Game of Thrones and HBO, they still did not adapt the series with 100% accuracy. That makes me so crazy! More so because the details that are changed are not hard to adapt to screen. I like to read the books before they are adapted into movies and television, which only makes viewing them more difficult.
Enough randomness for today. At least I gave you a few topics to ponder on this glorious Saturday…