Happy 15-10-15 – I love when dates line up like this. After that randomness, here are the recents:
– TV/Movies: it’s official – my love of horror movies has passed to Anya. I am willing to let her watch some movies, but not just any movie, and she has to watch it with me. This week, we watched both the old and the new “Poltergeist” movies. I did not like the new one, and she thought the old one was not scary enough. Kids these days….
I do not know why I love horror movies. Andy thinks it’s so odd that I enjoy being terrified by a movie or show, and when you put it like that, it does sound strange. I remember hiding behind the couch while my uncle watched “Chucky,” sneaking peeks and being herded back out of the room multiple times. I watched all the “Poltergeist” movies on summer vacation in Oklahoma, staying up late to catch it on TV. To this day, “The Exorcist” still frightens me, and “Rosemary’s Baby” is one of my favorite movies. I LOVE that Anya is into this, too.
Also, you all need to be watching “Scream Queens.” It’s funny and scary – what could be better?
– Music: music from TV and movies. I currently replay “Hunger” by Ross Copperman, “Dance Me to the End of Love” by The Civil Wars, and “Stay” by Rihanna everyday.
– Books: currently reading “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes so I can read “After You” for book club. I just finished “After I’m Gone” by Laura Lippman, which was intriguing. As usual, I’m in the middle of about 5 books and cannot decide which one to finish first!
– Topics of interest: political campaigns. I do not care which side/party/person you vote for, and most of my good friends know that talking politics is a no-no with me. However you vote, I feel like this presidential election is having a poor showing of candidates. I’m not sure if I feel any of them are capable of being the next president. As Anya pointedly told me, “Could you do it?” Touché, but I want to feel like the person I vote for can do a competent job. So far, I’m not seeing anyone who could fulfill this basic requirement.
– Goals for the week: sleep! Just kidding (sort of). I’m training a replacement for the receptionist portion of my job, which means I have more time to do my actual job. It’s amazing, but it is also strange to be completing different tasks and roles at work. I need to adjust and to better manage my time.
My other goal is to enjoy more time with my family. We do plenty of fun things together, and I love our time. However, I should enjoy it more. The weekends seem to go by so quickly, and I want to slow it down and just enjoy it. They are growing up quickly, and I love it. Yet, I will miss the snuggles, the movies, the lazy Sundays, and the funny moments of their lives when they are grown. I must remind myself to enjoy it now – to live and love the moment.
I hope you all have had a wonderful week – 16 days until Halloween and 10 until the best day of the year (my birthday!). What are you all dressing up as for Halloween? Andy and I are waving our nerd flags and going as Starlord and Gamora from “Guardians of the Galaxy.” Sometimes, I really love us. 🙂